CDC Symptom Diary Card

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rivkin Center SummerRun and N.E.D. The Movie in Seattle

Seattle is soon to be hopping with events that raise money to support ovarian cancer research and F.O.R.C.E..

This post today sends you to important links that help us in this region to better support those effected by this cancer or who are threatened with possibly facing the reality of breast or ovarian cancer due to  the inheritance of a BRCA1 or BRCA2 genetic mutation.

On Sunday July 27, 2014 the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research is hosting the SummerRun and Walk in downtown Seattle.  This is an annual event supporting a research center dedicated solely to ovarian cancer.  Please take a look at my site and see how you can help.

I am a "VIRTUAL WALKER" this year because my cancer fatigue and rheumatoid arthritis preclude me from walking at that early hour.  ;-)  I get really hot when walking too, which makes me sick....ugh.

Although a few potential jokes linger about me resting in luxury while everyone else walks, I am disappointed because it is important that we see as many people as possible on the walk.  So anything you can do to help us up here in the pacific northwest would be greatly appreciated.  This event grows stronger every year and with your help we can make it even more powerful.

Thank you.  To view my page or our team page:

SummerRun and Walk for Ovarian Cancer Research


In September, look forward to viewing an award winning screening of "N.E.D. The Movie". This is the documentary about the gynecology oncology surgeons, their awesome band and their loyal fans.  

Proceeds benefit F.O.R.C.E.  Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered.  I am BRCA 1 mutation positive.  Myself, along with thousands of others, are either currently facing breast or ovarian cancer or have a great risk of having one or both of these cancers in the future.  The genetic mutations increase these cancer risks.

F.O.R.C.E. helps us and those effected by this news.  I will post more about this event, the genetic mutations and F.O.R.C.E. as we get closer to the event.

F.O.R.C.E. was very helpful to me and my family when it was discovered that I have the mutation  Now we know more of what to do and when.

N.E.D. The Movie Coming to Seattle Area Soon

Peace and Blessings
Denise Archuleta  a.k.a. "Servivorgirl"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.