CDC Symptom Diary Card

Friday, February 20, 2015

Are Products Labeled "BPA-Free" Safer? " By Brenda Goodman, MA Published by Web MD

Hello Everyone,

I read an interesting article today, and I hope you read it too.

Caustic Plastics: I think that I am going to rid my entire apartment of the plastic I can see.  

The dilemna here is our food is stored in plastics, it's everywhere.  Our busy lifestyles make it difficult to make food from scratch.  You go to buy shoes, bags, furniture, gadgets, electronic devices, toys, cars etc. and they are loaded with plastics.   This is especially dangerous for growing kids and teens I believe.

When I was a child we didn't have a lot of toys and we played outside.  Our time was spent on the grass, om a bike, in a tree, on the sidewalk, or on the floor.  Our toys were jump ropes, jax, cards, playing house or store and using blankets to make tents.  Hopscotch, tag, hide and seek, looking for 4 leaf clovers, turning clouds into horses and magic animals in the sky.  Hula hoops and the "The Game of Life" were a few of my favorites.

Oh and of course Lincoln Logs..........  We used our imagination.  Wow we had so much freedom as children back then.  I wish children had the same freedom today.

When mom cooked we really had not too many leftovers to store.  I remember a lot of corning ware and real glassware in the house.  Sigh, times have changed.

Please read and share the article with your friends and family.  Peace and Blessings to you.


Article posted in:

WebMD


Are Products Labeled 'BPA-Free' Safer?
By Brenda Goodman, MAReviewed by Arefa Cassoobhoy, MD,MPH
Feb. 3, 2015 -- Are goods labeled “BPA-free” healthier? Maybe not. Two new studies found that some chemicals replacing BPA in plastics, food packaging, and other products might also disrupt hormones, changing how the brain works and affecting fertility..................


"Recent studies have suggested that bisphenol-S, which is sometimes used in plastics labeled “BPA-free,” might have some of the same effects in the body as bisphenol-A. What's the concern?"

"Vandenberg: The concern is that these chemicals might mimic the actions of the hormone estrogen, disrupting development of the male and female reproductive tracts, the mammary gland, and the brain, among other things."

READ COMPLETE ARTICLE BY LINKING TO: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.