CDC Symptom Diary Card

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cancer.net Mobile APP

How are you today?

I was doing some research on organizing tips, such as for medical records, and I found this great APP from Cancer.Net!  Where was this when I was in front line chemo?  HA

I highly recommend that you take a look at this, whether you are a caregiver or a patient.

It is a repository of sorts for tracking symptoms and side effects of treatments, medications, notes and issues related to your condition and a resource with links to important resources within the Cancer.Net website.

I remember back in 2010 that it was a nightmare keeping logs, lists of meds, notes for doctors and finding resources. It was a job in the most literal sense to manage having cancer.  This APP could have saved me and my family a lot of extra stress, time and effort.

http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/managing-your-care/mobile-applications

I am creating my symptoms tracker. This tool has common symptoms pre-loaded for selection and you can customize symptoms as well. I believe I will need to set reminders to go through them at the same time each evening and rate them, until this becomes a habit.  I have promised some people that I will report how this APP helps me.

I am a little excited about this because having these details readily available to your oncology nurse and doctor could greatly improve your overall treatment experience.  Especially at times when we are really tired and suffering, putting the symptoms into words can be difficult.   I hope you find this helpful.

Peace and blessings

Servivorgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.